“High Ridge Re-opens” post contradicts their Soft Opening
There is a huge difference between soft and grand opening. “High Ridge Re-opens” for example is a post that definitely would mean a grand launching or grand opening, giving everyone a close-to-perfect expectations by the time they visit the restaurant. However, last night it seems the establishment was not as ready yet as we arrived and we had to experience hours of disappointments after learning that they were still on soft opening. Though the main aim of the post is to promote and advertise, it obviously resulted the other way around.
Soft openings are supposedly to work out on areas that are not ready for public service (a partial grand opening that is typically not as highly advertised) but with the huge amount of people attracted to the hyped post plus, having a mindset that “High Ridge finally re-opened”, unfortunately, it could deter them from visiting the establishment again and worst may even cause them to leave then.
So, again, High Ridge is still on soft opening and before you plan to go there for the beautiful view plus a memorable dining experience, here’s you what you need to expect:
- Entrance fee is P100 per person; consumable.
- Food prices range from 150 – 300. (Don’t mind asking as to which in the menu is good for sharing for they’ll give you the most appropriate answer of “Quesidilla”.lol Though it’s already dinner time and you’re actually referring to the entree part, they’ll still insist it again and again.haha)
- Order first before taking a bunch of pictures. Why? Read on!
- Because food is served an hour after. If you are not patient enough to wait and do nothing, this is then, the best time to take a lot of pictures which I guess may as well be equivalent to 1 hour.problem solved haha
- Always have presence of mind. By the time food is served, check what’s lacking and immediately tell the waiter before they go back to the kitchen. Why? Read on #6! As for us, we have to wait around 15min for the spoon and fork while the drinks was served minutes before we got our bill.
- Follow-ups are hopeless or impossible so the solution is to have everything in your first order especially extra rice (and especially if your order is crispy belly. yum!)
- The most important reminder: “We are on SOFT OPENING: Please bear with us”
Although there are a lot of drawbacks mentioned in this post, I must agree that the changes are indeed noticeable even by the time you step out the car. The place is now fully renovated with varying designs of dining sets. You can either dine quietly inside or outside enjoying the view may it be at the garden area where children can play around or at the center part where comfortable seats are available with pillows in which you can slouch or near the veranda up close to the city lights. The comfort room is also a must try like the ones from resort still with unique trademark mountain view (careful you might fall.lol)
On the other hand, I like the idea of their consumable entrance fee leaving you no choice but to dine. Well, how else would you enjoy the view but with a couple of sumptuous food right in front of you. Their crispy belly is also a must try that is yummier if it’s all fat.hehe
There are no available public transportation in the area. You need to hire a vehicle or taxi and agree on a time to pick you up. It is located on a hilltop in Aluba, Upper Macasandig, giving you the best panoramic view of Cagayan de Oro especially at night. map here